- Nov. 11: Early registration is finished.
- Sep. 25: Presenter will be exempted from paying a fee!
- Sep. 22: Funding page launched
- Sep. 20: Call for Presentation in English is published (deadline: Sep. 30)
- Sep. 15: PayPal added as a payment method
- Sep. 1: Early registration is open (deadline: Nov. 11)
- Aug. 3: Site is open
Welcome to Wikimedia Conference Japan 2009
Welcome to the official site of Wikimedia Conference Japan 2009 (WCJ 2009), the first regional Wikimedia conference in Japan. Wikimedia Conference Japan 2009 is organized by a jointed team of volunteers from Japanese Wikimedian community and Center for Knowledge Structuring, the University of Tokyo.
The conference aims to be a forum for Wikimedian as well as researchers, journalists and general public who are interested in Wikimedia projects. Various presentations and panels are planned as well as Workshops, etc., which are called publicly.
Main language of the conference is Japanese, however, there will be some presentations offered in English.
- November 22, 2009
- Bldg. 2, Faculty of Engineering, Hongō Campus, the University of Tokyo
- HostError creating thumbnail: File missing
- Volunteers from Japanese Wikimedian community
- Center for Knowledge Structuring, the University of Tokyo
- Session Cooperation
- ACADEMIC RESOURCE GUIDE (ARG)
- Special Interest Group on Semantic Web and Ontology, the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- Registration Fee
- On-line registration (Until Nov. 11): 2,000 Yen / 1,000 Yen (For graduate and under students)
- On-site registration: 2,500 Yen / 1,500 Yen (For graduate and under students)
- (Only in English or Japanese is available)
- IRC: #wcj2009 on Freenode (Web chat)
- Jay Walsh (Wikimedia Foundation, Communication Head)
- Makoto Nagao (National Diet Library, Japan, Librarian)
- Presentation tracks: Humanities and Education / Informatics / Wikimedian
- Poster and Demonstration
Further information will be announced later. (Japanese version available at タイムテーブル)